Exercising and eating right food is good for us, but putting effort to do so and also require more will power than we have. So what if there was a way to reap all the benefits of a workout without having to lift a finger. Read on the below article to find the “5-minute breathing workout may benefit heart and brain health”.
5-Minute Breathing Technique For Heart And Brain
Different breathing techniques can reduce stress levels in your body as well as your heart rate and blood pressure. So proper breathing is important to our body on learning how to calm your body and mind. Here is three effective breathing technique for healthier heart and brain:
- Morning Breathing
When you get up in the morning try this morning breathing exercise. It is a great exercise to relieve stiff muscles and clear your respiratory tract when you get up in the morning.
- Midday Breathing Technique
It helps to renew your energy and this exercise used in yoga. This midday exercise helps you to increase your energy and help you to feel more comfortable.
- End the Day with a 4-7-8 Breathing Exercise
This exercise is designed to relax to calm your body and mind. So at the end of the day relax your body and mind with this 4-7-8 breathing exercise.
Effective Breathing Techniques For Health Benefits
The new research introduces a 5-minute technique that might improve blood pressure, lower heart attack risk boosts cognitive ability and enhance sports performance. This technique is called Inspiratory Muscle Strength Training (IMST). It is basically strength-training for the muscles you breathe in with. This technique was tested in a clinical trial by Daniel Craighead a postdoctoral researcher in the University of Colorado Boulder’s Department of Integrative Physiology.
Benefits of IMST
- IMST (Inspiratory Muscle Strength Training) is called an inspiratory muscle trainer and its a technique involves inhaling through a resistive hand-held device.
- This technique has revealed that it can boost cognitive and physical performance, as well as cardiovascular health.
- It might improve blood pressure, lower heart attack risk, boost cognitive ability and also enhance sports performance.
- It is developed for the people with respiratory such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, bronchitis, or cystic fibrosis, or to wean people off ventilators.
- In 2016 they have conducted a 6-week trial on the effects of IMST on obstructive sleep apnea, in the trial, the participants performed 30 inhalations per day. And the result has revealed that using the device also lowered systolic blood pressure by 12 millimeters of mercury.
Lowers Blood Pressure and Boosts Cognition
The participants who tried IMST with who used a sham device that provided no resistance and inhalation has found that the blood pressure was significantly lower among IMST participants. And also, the function of their large arteries had improved considerably. IMST is something look very beneficial to lower blood pressure and possibly boost cognitive and physical performance.
IMST is the type of exercise that you can do quickly from your office or at home. But if someone wants to try this, they should ask their doctor first. Because researchers caution that IMST is still considered high-intensity exercise. Hope you liked this article “5-minute breathing workout may benefit heart and brain health” and useful. Are there any questions or if you have any other suggestion and inquiries you can get in touch with me through the comments section.