How to pop a pimple without leaving a scar?. Pimples are the worst and we all get them. Even small babies have a pimple when they are affected by a case of what we call as baby acne. What I hate the most about pimples is the fact that they appear at the worst of the times. The timing for the unwanted lump of toxic puss and bacteria appearing, ok lets not even start on that.
How To Pop A Pimple Without Leaving A Scar
Why do pimples have an extremely bad timing sense? Right on the day of the reception/wedding/party/birthday, you wake up looking like a joker with a big red dump, sometimes right on your nose. So what happens next, we get angry and absolutely lose self-control and squeeze out the damn thing. This now is rarely a good idea since doing so can cause scars or worsen your breakout. You don’t want a repeat of that horror story. Do you? Dealing with one pimple is hands full, do you really need to deal with a whole bunch of them- even worse a big fat one that screams hello to everyone you meet.
Why does Squeezing make the Pimples Worse?
Pimples are a little covering that holds oil, debris, and acne bacteria. This covering is actually keeping the bacteria nice and contained. When you squeeze or poke pimple’s outer skin, the gunk oozes out. And the bacteria in the gunk splatters and lands inside other pores, it can lead to more pimples.
Squeezing or even picking a pimple with a needle can sometimes be satisfying. Even if we hold it back the temptation is simply too great. So if you must pop a pimple and indulge in that creepy fascination with seeing the puss pop out and splatter all over (gross).
Lets put our hands down on those well-meaning folks forever chivvy us to leave our blemishes alone? Well to all of them “ am really sorry”. A pus-filled pimple that isn’t relieved of its toxic load has no chance to heal itself or my self conscious. So we are going to pick it one way or the other, so why not do it the more legit way.
Can one actually Squeeze a Pimple?
Well technically, as per the rules it’s never ok to pop a pimple. But if am right rules are meant to be broken, aren’t they? So we are doing to play around with that a pimple so let’s do it gentle way, hence we can deal with less damage or no damage at all.
Now getting back to our topic of how to pop a pimple without leaving a scar, let’s get started.
#1. Determine Whether a Pimple Can Be Popped or Not
Whitehead pimples are those that have been there for a while.they have a white tip, which is filled with puss. This type of pimple requires less pressure to pop. If it has just appeared or is red, it’s better to stop messing with this as this can end up in so much trouble. Once you pop the whiteheads carefully and remove the puss without letting it spread out, you can safely heal a pimple and be free of scars.
#2. Visit a Dermatologist
Dermatologists can determine the best way to help you get rid of a pimple and us the right method depending on the type and nature of a pimple.
They may use the following method:
- Lance a pimple with a pin (which should only be done professionally)
- Prescribe a topical cream.
- An oral antibiotic, isotretinoin or hormonal birth control might be prescribed if the pimples are big, red and painful.
- Laser therapies and chemical peels, especially if you have acne and scarring.
#3. Diy popping
If you feel like you must pop that Whitehead, follow these steps so that you can reduce the chance of scarring.
- Clean your hands well with soap and water.
- Use rubbing alcohol and sanitize a needle or pin with
- Now at an angle parallel to the skin, gently prick the top of the whitehead using just the tips of the pin or the needle. (do not go deep enough to draw blood)
- Now use cotton buds or wrap tissue over your fingers and gently push the pimples from all the slides gently, now almost 90% of the world have been drained.
- Once you are done clean your face apply a topical cream or astringent over the areas (this makes sure the pore doesn’t get further infected)
#4. Extracting a Blackhead Safely
Blackheads are ways to pop and less risky as they are already dried out and dead. But this doesn’t mean you can go over the top and dig it out. Even blackheads need gently care. If you have stubborn blackheads it’s best to try extraction right after a shower.
- Start with clean and washed hands
- Wrap cotton or tissue over your fingers
- Apply gentle pressure on either side of the blackhead, now push up carefully.
- Continue the gentle push till you see everything has come out, do not draw enough to draw blood.
- Once you are done cover the area with a toner or astringent so that it doesn’t get further infected.
#5. Warm Rag Popping method
This method should be followed only if a pimple is very ripe as this can sometimes cause scarring. To follow this method start by
- Boiling water still is hot but not burning hot
- Now dip a clean washcloth into this
- Squeeze out some excess water
- Hold the washcloth against a pimple for a few minutes
- Allow the washcloth to cool down
- The pus would heat up and move to the surface of the skin.
- Now using your fingers move your fingers over the cloth rubbing the pimple.
- Now the head of a pimple would have loosened and popped.
This method takes time but it’s so much better than squeezing the pimple with dirty hands.
If the first trial doesn’t work out the do the steps gain till the white heads loosen up.
I hope these top remedies on how to pop a pimple without leaving a scar, helps you take care of the little devil. Let us know how you managed to deal with your pimple and if these methods help you get rid of yours.