Many people are successful in losing weight and find a way in a healthy weight, but losing weight and keeping it off can be hard enough. It is not a problem for everyone who diets but for others, there is another frustrating problem called loose skin, which often occurs around the arms, legs, neck, and midsection. They are not only embarrassing but extremely uncomfortable or even painful.
How To Get Rid Of Excess Skin After Weight Loss?
As I said before this is not a problem for everyone, but the more weight you lose, the faster you lose it, and the longer you were overweight, the more likely you are to experience this side effect. So what you can do about it? Here in this article “How to Get Rid of Excess Skin After Weight Loss?” you may find the 5 major tips to avoid it and the risk factors on it. Read on.
Why does it happen?
The degree of elasticity is different for everyone and depends upon the health of their skin. In general, the skin has some degree of elasticity that allows it to expand and contract around a person’s changing body frame. And also it depends on how much weight a person and how fast they lose it.
Risk factors of excess skin after weight loss
There are some risk factors of excess skin after weight loss. So according to Natalie Kita a plastic surgery expert, there are some main factors involved in your skin elasticity they are:
- Age: Your skin becomes less elastic, as you get older.
- Genetics: As you get older, genes influence how much firmness your skin retains.
- How much weight you lose: With the help of weight loss surgery when you lose a large amount of weight in a short time. Your skin doesn’t have time to shrink along with your body and maybe permanently stretched if you’re overweight for a long period of time.
- Sun Exposure: Your past, present and future exposure to the sun can damage your skin.
- Nutrition and water intake: If you are not getting balanced nutrition, vitamins, and minerals and also staying hydrated may not be healthy or firm for your skin.
- Smoking: Smoking can speed up the normal aging process of your skin. To know more about NutraVesta Proven pills which boosts your immunity and helps you lose those extra kilos, read our most genuine and in-depth NutraVesta Proven pills review.
5 tips to get rid of Loose skin
Each person will have a different response after losing weight. Some people may have to consider body contouring surgery to avoid extra skin, But you may also be able to make a difference with other options, such as exercise and a healthy diet. So here are 5 natural tips to get rid of loose skin. They are:
- Eat enough protein
To keep your skin healthy and glowing having enough protein is important and also it will help to maintain your elasticity. There are many sources of protein in both vegetarian and non-vegetarian, some of them are nuts, fish, tofu and cottage cheese.
- Take care of your skin
To maintain your elasticity taking care of your skin goes a long way, and your skin care regime should include exfoliation and moisturizing it generously. So always apply sunscreen before you step out of your home and also try to look for ingredients like hyaluronic acid, vitamin E and C in your daily day and night creams. Try to avoid harsh chemicals whenever possible.
- Drink enough water
Drinking at least 1 to 2 liters of waters daily is important because staying hydrated should be your number one priority if you are aiming to maintain your skin’s elasticity.
- Keep a check on your diet
What you are having is not that much important, but it may help to take care of your skin health. So eating fresh fruits and vegetables can drastically impact the way your skin looks and feels.
- Wear compression clothes
While you are waiting for your skin to snap back after stretching you can try compression clothes. It helps to give you an appearance of smooth skin under your clothes.
So hope you liked this article “How to Get Rid of Excess Skin After Weight Loss?” and find useful. From the above article, you have got the major tips to get rid of excess skin after losing weight and also why it has happened?. If you had loved this article we had love to hear about your results. Are there any questions or if you have any other suggestion and inquiries you can get in touch with me through the comments section.